This web site documents a performance art work that promotes critical analyses of the nature of art, knowledge and Wikipedia. It is not affiliated with Wikipedia in any way. The Wikipedia website is located at wikipedia.org
These pages serve as an archive of the Wikipedia Art entries and discussions as they existed on Wikipedia, both in its 15-hour existence on that site, as well as the few debates in the days that followed. The work now lives in a different form. The following linked pages are copies from Wikipedia articles with similar or the same names (see individual pages for more), from Feb 14-15 2009; they are, accordingly and in good faith, licensed under GFDL.
- Go to Wikipedia Art main project page / site
- Wikipedia Art, the original post to Wikipedia on 14 February 2009 (not available anywhere in their archives)
- Articles for deletion/Wikipedia Art, the keep/delete debate
- Village pump, a cry for help from the deletionist
- Wikipedia Art RIP, Wikipedia Art just before it was removed from Wikipedia on 15 February 2009
- Delete, the deleted and slated page on Wikipedia
- Werdna, the 18 year old “old hand” that deleted the entry / art work.
- And see an excerpt from his talk page
- Deletion review, post-deletion debate
- Rhizome discussions first and second
- art fag city post + comments, a/nother keep/delete debate by artists and new media critics
- Protection log screen shot of the lock of the page
- History of Wikipedia Art completely erased from Wikipedia. Despite more than 2 dozen edits to the page, there is absolutely no record of its text, anywhere on the site.
- Wikipedia Art Facebook group (Jimmy Wales was a member for a while, but he left around the time they were threatening litigation)
- Wikipedia Art controversy (old), a later (25 April) and outside attempt to put the history of Wikipedia Art on Wikipedia.
- Articles for deletion/Wikipedia Art controversy, the deletion debate for the above-mentioned attempt to put the history of Wikipedia Art on Wikipedia.
- Final Wikipedia-based discussion / debate (not really) featuring Wikipedia Art. Here the attempted page added (now gone) focuses on the domain dispute rather than the work of art or ongoing performance. There is also a proposal to merge the page into the larger Wikipedia in culture page, but eventually a small section was added to the pages of the artists.
- A little discussion on the Daniel Rigal talk page regarding an art exhibition including Wikipedia Art in London